Saturday, January 9, 2010

BioWare♥

Man, getting a 360 changes EVERYTHING. I feel like such a part of society. . . could this be why some of my music choices are moving into the 21st century? (T.I., post-rock)
Anyway, here are my favorite video games ever.

1) Mass Effect - haha the second installment will almost certainly be on this list very soon. Incredibly detailed plot, unbelievably deep, great combat system, forces you to make life-altering decision in a few instances, just mindblowing.
2) Knights of the Old Republic - Where I get my favorite word (Revanche, derived from Revan), my favorite character (Revan), why I like Star Wars A LOT, best plot twist ever, how I learned the power of charisma, and a great storyline. It's a but too slow for some people, and the combat isnt great, but you have to enjoy it for what it is.
3) Jade Empire - Very simliar to the first to, except with set in a locale based on chinese mythology. Another incredible story, live-action combat, it's just fantastic.
4) KotOR II - My favorite line ever comes from this game
5) Bioshock - rrrraagggghhh this game is sooooo coooooool. And freaky. Don;t play it in the dark.
6) Metroid: Fusion - 100% completion in under 2 hours. . . I'm done baby
7) Megaman II - Best game music in history. And a pretty awesome game to boot.
8) Megaman Battle Network 3: Blue Version - Folder Back anyone?
9) Fallout 3 - How a game manages to be so free range and still maintain so much coherence is beyond me.
10) Pokemon: Blue Version - Thanks mom and dad for getting me hooked on video games :) My team will destroy yours. Don't mess.

Honorable Mentions:
Jump! Ultimate Stars - Yet another mash-up fighter. . . BUT WAIT! This one's actually retardedly good (unlike some games. . . *COUGHSMASHCOUGH*). This one's only available in Japan. . . or if you're really tricky. . .
Soul Calibur II - ahaha so many good times over in hampshire. . .
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Halo
Need for Speed: Underground


Favorites by genre
RPG - Mass Effect (or pretty much anything by BioWare)
Shooter - Halo (for now, wait until I decide to play Modern Warfare 2)
Fighter - Jump! Ulimate Stars (IMPORT THIS)
Rhythm - DDR, I guess?
Racing - NFS: Underground
Platformer - Metroid: Fusion

Yeah. I love BioWare's plot-driven games with chosen dialogue options. Deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment