Thursday, March 4, 2010

No One, I Repeat, NO ONE Will Take Us Alive

On Tuesday March second, 2010, I attended my first legit concert. Muse, live in Philly. It was their tour promoting their most recent album, the Resistance. I am unable to describe how it was, since for the first 40 minutes of their performance, I did not move. I stood there, mouth agape, completely fazed at what I was seeing. Nay, more than that. What I was FEELING.

I was completely blown away the first 40 minutes. Huge songs, lasers, giant inflatable eyes, it was mindblowing. Then they played all their pop stuff and it was like meh. and then they got amazing again. Knights of Cydonia was about as good a closing as you can have.

BUT, they didn't play my favorite song by them, and Matt Bellamy needs to learn how to kick better. Most of the other details are kinda fuzzy now, but in short, MUSE IS AMAZING LIVE GO SEE THEM.

Today's SotD is "Share the Land" by the Guess Who. Burton Cummings remains one of my favorite singers, and this song shows pretty much why.

No comments:

Post a Comment